Friday, September 2, 2011

Trusting the LORD in Tough Times


Journal Entry

August 20, 2011

In Psalm 20, at the beginning in verses 1-5, David is giving a prophetic blessing to the chief musician. He is encouraging him by reminding him that the Lord will answer in a day of trouble; will give strength and help from his dwelling place. He blesses him and encourages him by saying that the Lord will answer all his petitions and desires. In other words, don't sweat it, God is in control. Our trust is in the name of the Lord our God and He will never fail us. What would you have to say to me Lord in this regard this morning?

Jym, sometimes the laborers get weary, and seem to lose heart in the battle. David was encouraging the worship leader in the battle. His answers were in Me. Even in times of trouble and difficulty, I delight to help and bring the victory in the lives of my people. Worshipers have a unique purpose. They bridge heaven and earth and bring my people to the place of trust and confidence in the Lord. These times in which you are living are difficult, but I will be your constant help, if you seek me and come to know me.

David went on to declare in verse 6, “Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand. Anything here Lord?

Nothing builds faith and hope like experience. David was a worshiper and a warrior. He was first a worshiper. He had personal knowledge of Me and My presence. He knew from experience that I could be trusted to bring an answer from the realms of heaven into the realm of earth. My dominion into his dominion. David's delight was to know me. He was a man after my own heart. But he desired for others to know me as well. This brought great joy to My heart. This is the chief end of man, to love the LORD your God and to worship Him forever. In this place, is my help and provision.

David finally declared that “some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will remember the name of the LORD our GOD! Others fall, but we will stand! Then he cries, SAVE LORD! May the King answer us when we call.

Many nations and individuals trust in the strength of their armies to save them. Some in their economies. But those who have my heart are those that trust in ME to deliver. I will answer from heaven as you call upon me. So call...

So Lord, my pastor says that I need to shift my thinking from the small church mentality, to the large, corporate church mentality. I want to submit to this and trust you for the growth you would like to give in the house I'm responsible for. I know that it is not in the numbers where there is success, but in the depth of the people to be able to trust in you and your Word in the times ahead. What would you have to say to me concerning this?

Jym, I am concerned for the one. Even the little sparrow that falls from heaven, I see. I loved the whole world, but sent my Son into the world to save the world, one person at a time. Don't forget the one...the many will come to the light as you let your light shine in the darkness. Continue to come to Me and see ME, then you will minister from this place of knowledge, true intimacy. This is the power to transform individuals and nations. I have called you to the nations. So don't worry about the how, just come to Me and you will see...

I worship you LORD. You are all my hearts desire. I love you, LORD. Please enlarge my capacity to receive from you, and cause me to be enlarged in spirit. I want to worship you in Spirit and in Truth. Help me to press into your presence and abide there. For you said if you abide in Me and my Rhemas abide in you, you can ask what you will and it shall be done unto you. Increase my faith, LORD. Bless the LORD O my soul, and all that is within me, bless HIS name!!!


No comments: