Friday, September 2, 2011

Meditations on various Psalms


Journal Entry

September 1, 2011

Reading from Psalm 1, 31, 61, 91 this morning. Noted that the Lord discusses with David that He is a shelter and a refuge for his beloved. I love the beginning of a new month and these first day Psalms are such a blessing.

Anything that you want to say to me here, Lord?

I give my counsel to those who wait upon Me. I delight to give wisdom and direction to your life on a moment by moment basis. Living in the counsel of God prepares you to enter into the NEW in fresh ways. My mercies are NEW every morning. That is why I have given a portion for each day. Fruitfulness and success are drawn out of a life that is surrendered and one that waits on the LORD. Your strength is renewed, and your way becomes smooth. Circumstances don't matter at all. You learn to taste and see that the LORD is good. Delight yourself in my law, and meditate in it, and you will see a fruitful harvest.

What of, “his leaf will not wither, and whatever he does prospers”...

True prosperity is in knowing Me. My supply never runs out! My provision is always just what is needed. I supply an abidance for every good work. I see the future, so that when you are investing time in my presence and listening to Me, you are multiplying your harvest. Just as seed brings forth an abundance even in one generation, so in the generations to come, the harvest is greatly multiplied. There is an exponential effect on the planting and harvesting. Everything you do will succeed, if the plans grow out of My heart, and are sown into your heart. Your life will be fruitful, and what you produce will last into the next generations.

Praise your NAME LORD! In Psalm 61 David was saying that you preserve the life of the King and his years will be as many generations. Can you explain?

Life begets life. There were times when men’s lives were as trees. Consider Methuselah. But when a man's ways please the LORD, I long to be closer. Consider Enoch. As you are learning to yield to Me, and come into my presence, your life is preserved. Consider Moses on the mountain of God. He was in my presence for 80 days, and yet he didn't need food or water because I sustained Him. Such is the man who draws near to Me. Provision is the resource of heaven. In my presence is FULNESS of joy. O taste and see that the LORD is good. The time will come again when mien’s ages will be like trees. I sustain youth, and yours is renewed like the eagle's. Wait upon the LORD, and you will renew your strength.

In Psalm 91, you inspired David to write about the results of a life fully committed to YOU and one who is walking in your presence. “For you have made the LORD, my refuge, Even the MOST HIGH your dwelling place...therefore...

David understood the important thing in life, was learning to dwell in my presence. Abiding in ME is not only a privilege, but life itself. Nothing can touch you in my presence, because you are protected by my covering. A shelter, a rock. A place of peace and prosperity. Dwelling here keeps you from ultimate harm. Sometimes I lead you to in dark pathways, not only to test you, but to bring glory to the Father through your defeat of snakes and scorpions. I have alreay overcome the wicked one. As you move in my Spirit, and get comfortable with flow, you will see many of his kingdoms fall. No stronghold can withstand the force of my presence. I can simply breathe, and they will all fall down. No enemy can hide from my presence. So why should you be afraid. I give victory over the battles, and remember WE WIN the WAR of the ages, too. David was a worshiper and a WARRIOR. Learning the ways that I do spiritual warfare against the strongholds of the enemy will bring you into a new fighting position. My weapons are many. I do have secret weapons of mass destruction to take him down, and ultimately destroy his kingdoms. Nations will come to the knowledge of the LORD. As my people learn to dwell in ME, abiding in my presence, they will know no defeat. Only Jericho’s, and not Ai's. Listening is the key. Here. Clothe yourself with my armor. Walk in ME and ultimately MARCH, to the beat of my drum. War is immanent. But I’ve already given you the picture of the end. Stand on your ground and fight, and win over the wicked one. My weapons are mighty. Pull down strongholds, and take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, and you will see many victories in the days to come!

Hallelujah! Selah!

Psalm 121 is a blessing, too. The promise is that YOU don't slumber or sleep, and YOU keep us from evil. Any light?

David lifted up his eyes, looking for vision, looking for answers. He realized that help comes not from the strength of men, nor how many horses he has, but rather, one who has placed his trust in ME, shall not fall. I do provide protection from the wicked one, and he cannot touch you. My protection is real. Do you believe this? Yes, Lord, I believe... many have given their lives in sacrifice for the testimony. They are lights in my glorious kingdom. Lights that will not be extinguished.. they continue to shine even today. You see, your life on earth is only a vapor; but I made you to inherit eternity. So the short time you have on earth is only an investment in your future. What you do can bring honor or dishonor. It is how you dedicate it, and separate it unto ME. I redeem your life from destruction, and allow you to experience your highest good, because I dwell in you, and lead you in the way everlasting. You will be with ME forever, in my kingdom. Learning to live as a citizen of that kingdom, often takes a lifetime in your years, to just begin to understand all the things that I have prepared for you. I have many surprises awaiting you and your kindred. Be faithful to proclaim my NAME among the nations. You will see a harvest that will “blow your mind” as you say.

I rest in that provision, protection, and prosperity...

No comments: