Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Armor of God

I have been reflecting on the passage in Ephesians 6 concerning the armor of the warrior. Each piece of the soldier’s armor, as described by Paul the apostle, has a special significance for each and every believer. Lord, will you help me understand more about this armor and it’s importance for the believer?

A soldier’s armor is is outfit of protection and readiness to do battle with his adversary. Paul described the armor because he was chained to a Roman warrior during his imprisonment. His reflection came out of his reality. The armor and its weapons are designed for defense, and offense.  Each piece is a functional piece for protection, warfare, and implementation of a battling spirit.

Eph 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of His might...

I enable you to draw from my strength as you face the battle. your strength will give out in time, but mine is perfect. So why not draw upon my strength to face the evil day?

6:11 Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil...

Remember it is MY STRENGTH, and it is my armor.  You must be proactive and suit up for the battle. My armor will fit perfectly, and protect faithfully. My desire is for you to stand firm and have discernment to know the schemes of the wicked one. Your adversary attempts to derail you and cause you to move in a direction contrary to mine.  You need the FULL armor of God to prepare yourself for war. Each piece of the armor is essential to insure victory.  The belt of truth gives a security and protection to the inner most part of your being. The heart, and the bowels are protected from enemy swords and spears. My desire is for living water to flow out of your innermost being, but your adversary wants to permanently disable you from the flow of my Spirit because this is a great threat to his kingdom.  He is a deceiver,. but the belt of Truth, combats and stands against his onslaughts of error that cause the heart to be sick. Your loins are your ability to bring forth seed and multiply upon the earth. Satan’s desire it to kill the godly seed and take you out, so that you do not reproduce after your kind.  The breastplate protects your heart, your motives, your passion, your intensity to fulfill the mission. Satan wants to keep you from fulfilling your destiny. Make sure to protect your heart, and keep it with all diligence.  The helmet protects the mind from wicked intruders. The vital functions and directives come from the head. This helmet is the salvation of the house.

The sword and shield are offensive/defensive. They allow you to move forward into the NEW and take back the ground that was captured by the enemy. Don’t be afraid or dismayed. I will teach you how to use your weapons successfully. You make me very proud of you for taking a stand for me.

Prayer is one of the most important weapons in the arsenal. Because as you commune with Me, you are learning to hear my voice and then simply obey what you hear.  As you make petition for the saints, I clothe them with my armor as well and give them the covering of victory. So pray constantly in the Spirit. Father can detect and discern what is your heart’s desire. Don’t worry. Just move in Me and with Me to the battle. I am faithful to  help you to overcome by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of your testimony. Prepare for War, and succeed in mounting the charge when it is time.

 
Thank you Lord, for your continued direction and teaching in my life. I love you and bless you. 

No comments: