Thursday, August 18, 2011

"For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17).



Journal Entry

August 15, 2011



Jym, my Emmaus disciples were so concerned about the times and seasons that they were walking through. They did not see Me during the time that I was opening the scriptures to them, but their hearts were burning within them as I unfolded the revelation of who I am to them. It was not until we sat together at the table and I broke the bread that their eyes were opened to the reality of who I was. This is how it is so often with my people. I am walking with them daily, standing right by their side, but they don't see me, or hear me. Sharing a meal together is a great way to develop intimacy with others. As you learn to grow in me and hear my voice you will learn to develop deeper relationships with others as well. Although the kingdom of God is not in the eating and drinking, for these are only avenues that open the way, real intimacy comes as a result of dialog with Me. The result: righteousness increases, and certainly your peace and joy does too. As you are learning to pursue me, you will develop new friendships and connections. I have many people who are communing with me on a regular basis. All of you need to connect, and I will orchestrate the connections for your good, and my Glory. Learn to rest in Me.

Lord, I want more and more of our people to come to know you, truly and intimately. Please teach me how to see increase in people. Any thoughts here, Lord?

Jym, you are opening a pathway, a portal into my presence. People are so busy doing life, that they rarely open themselves up to me. It is my joy to lead you in this. I will give you ideas and opportunities as you pursue me. Watch me work, in the middle of your relationships. You will be amazed at how I bring the connections together.

No comments: